View the Interlibrary Loan (ILLO) Tutorial
Interlibrary loan service has resumed at Caledon Public Library in a limited capacity.
Due to budget limitations and provincial cuts to the Southern Ontario Library Service (SOLS) funding, the Library will be introducing the following restrictions:
A maximum of ten interlibrary loan requests per patron at a given time.
Requests for DVDs, music CDs, and board books will no longer be accepted.
CPL will also be limiting the number and type of items that are shared with other libraries.
Full details are in the attached media release. More information regarding SOLS and the impact of budget cuts to their services is available here.
Requesting an interlibrary loan
Once you are sure that Caledon Public Library does not have the item you are looking for and you have a user id and password you can request the item from the library outside of Caledon.
Login to http://info.vdxhost.com/en/zportal
1. Select Sign In and enter your User ID (type in the numbers of your library card barcode that follow the first set of zeros - (Example: 021700010038455- you will type10038455)
2. Enter your Password - the last four digits of your phone number
3. Choose Caledon Public Library as your library location from the Authentication Service drop down menu
4. Click Submit
Search for the item you want to request
1. Select Standard or Advanced Search
2. Note Current Profile drop-down menu - You will use these search profiles to do your searching
3. Select SOLS Muskoka/Simcoe/York as your initial search
4. Enter keywords from the title and/or author
5. Select Details to verify this is the item you want. Note the item needs to have an ISBN to be valid
6. Select Get It! to place a request. Item details are automatically entered in the interlibrary loan form
7. Complete the form by selecting your preferred Pickup Location from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the form
8. Click Request to send your request
9. There is no need to print the request. You can view your requests at any time using the My Requests link
10.Sign Out when you are finished
No matches from the first profile?
Select a different profile and so on, moving through all the profiles if necessary.
No hits from any Info profiles?
1. From the Caledon Public Library web page, Click Interlibrary Loan Request menu option
2. Fill in the form
You will be notified by email or phone:
1. when your item has arrived at Caledon Public Library
2. if additional information is needed regarding your request
3. if your request has been cancelled because the item is located in our own library system or the policies of the lending library prohibit loan.
Renewing a request
You cannot renew a request online. Please contact the Interlibrary Loan Department.
Phone: 905-857-1400 ext. 230 or email@example.com