Donations & Support
Your generous gift helps enhance our vital library services!
While tax-supported government funding supports the Library’s core operating costs, we appreciate the support from generous individuals, like you, to help fund our efforts to keep pace with growing demands for new and innovative collections, digital resources, and so much more. Your gift helps to provide vital services and vibrant community spaces and to keep these vital services FREE for all.
Give a Gift to the Library
- Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $25 or more. Donate now.
Remember the Library in Your Will
- Donors considering a bequest are advised to seek independent legal and financial advice. Donate now.
- Bequests of any value are most gratefully received by the Library and can result in tax advantages for the donor’s estate.
- Donations may be made in memory of a loved one, individuals or an organization. Donate now.
- The concerned family or organization will be notified and the donors will receive a tax receipt for donations of $25 or more.
Donations of Books or Other Materials
Hold onto those used books – for now! Please note that due to Covid-19 we are not currently accepting book or material donations.
All such gifts are accepted on the understanding that the Library may use, sell or dispose of them. Donated materials are added to the Library’s collections when appropriate. Materials not added to the collections are either given to Friends of Caledon Public Library to sell, with generated revenue returning to the Library for future purchases, or donated to Better World Books, a for-profit social enterprise that collects and sells books online, with each sale generating funds and book donations to support libraries, literacy and education.
We will gladly accept the following items in good condition:
- Paperbacks and hardcovers no more than 5 years old
- DVDs, talking books
- Board games in good condition, no missing pieces
- Fully-dried, harvested seeds
We do not accept:
- Damaged items (stained, water-damaged, defaced, mildewed, a refuge for creatures of any kind or otherwise unsuitable)
- Textbooks, magazines
- VHS tapes, cassettes
Tax receipts are not issued for donated materials. Large donations must be boxed.
For more information on donating materials, contact the Manager of Information Services, Megan Renkema, 905-857-1400 ext. 232 or email@example.com OR the Manager of Youth Services, Laura Groe, 905-857-1400 ext. 231 or firstname.lastname@example.org