Please note that this service is temporarily unavailable due to Covid-19.
Accredited librarians are available to proctor exams at no cost at the Albion-Bolton Branch
The exam cannot run past the end time listed below:
- Monday mornings: 10 am – 1 pm
- Friday afternoons: 1 – 4 pm
- Saturday afternoons 12 – 3 pm
Exams on Mondays and Fridays are proctored in a meeting room on the second floor. Saturday exams are proctored in office space on the main floor. Please note the following:
- There is no guarantee of privacy as we may accommodate multiple students at the same time
- There is no guarantee of complete silence as our rooms are not sound-proofed
- Proctors are unable to provide constant, direct supervision for the duration of the exam, they will monitor on a regular basis. If you require more formal proctoring services, please contact your institution to make other arrangements.
For online exams, students may bring their own laptops and connect to Library Wifi or use a library laptop installed with Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2013 or equivalent (Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Word). The Library will not allow the installation of any special software on library devices that may be needed for exam completion. There are no wireless printing services available so you will be unable to print from a laptop. Please make sure that you print any necessary documents prior to the start of the exam.
The library may refuse a request for proctoring services if:
- The student provides inaccurate or incomplete information
- Library staff are not available at the requested time
- An institutions’ examination requirements are not met by the library
Students are responsible for:
- Ensuring all forms have been either provided to the proctor or submitted to their institution at least 1 week before the exam date
- Any additional expenses that may be incurred such as courier fees or postage. These expenses must be prepaid and a set fee may be required.
- Arriving at the agreed-upon time
- Ensuring that proctoring service provided by the Caledon Public Library meets the requirements of the institution issuing the exam.
- Providing ID to the proctor prior to the start of the exam
The library will not be responsible for the following:
- Missing items, papers, samples or other documents related to the exam
- Any error made by the education institution, including the institution’s failure to send the necessary documents in a timely manner
- The student’s failure to complete the exams at the approved time and location.
- Unforeseen interruptions of the test due to loss of power, internet service, or other computer problems.
Proctoring requests for other Caledon Public Library branch locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis only. If you require proctoring services at a location other than Albion Bolton, please include the branch in the accommodations section at the bottom of the application form.