Did You know that you can borrow...
More than just books!
You probably know that we have books. Best-sellers, fast lane, talking, electronic, fiction, non-fiction, picture, easy read, romance, history, thrillers – the list could go on but we hate to brag.
But did you know that we also have items in our collection that have nothing to do with books?
Check out the other items that are free to borrow with your library card:
Our mobile Wi-Fi hotspots provide Internet access to Wi-Fi enabled devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs. They offer unlimited data and work anywhere within Canada where there is Rogers cellular coverage.
You must have a valid CPL library card and be 18+ years old to borrow a hotspot, or be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Hotspots can be borrowed for one week from any CPL service point.
You can channel your inner rockstar by borrowing a guitar or ukulele with your CPL card! The collection is housed at the Albion Bolton Branch but holds can be placed for pick up at any branch.
The guidelines for borrowing a guitar or ukuleles are:
- 3 week loan period
- must be 18+ to borrow
- instruments MUST be returned to a service desk (no drop box or locker returns)
- only one instrument can be borrowed per card at one time
What to know more about playing and tuning? Check out our Reference Guide for Acoustic Guitars and Concert Ukuleles
This collection was launched with financial support from Brampton and Caledon Community Foundation and Friends of Caledon Public Library with continued support from Degazon Music Studios.
Self-measuring your blood pressure allows you to track and to share those readings with your doctor to better manage your high blood pressure.
Our blood pressure monitoring kits include an electronic blood pressure monitor, arm cuff, AC adapter, a user guide and educational materials.
The kits are available at all branches of Caledon Public Library and have a 3 week loan period.
Kilowatt monitors help you assess the efficiency of your appliances, and cut down on costs by monitoring your expenses over time.
They are available at select branches. Call 905-857-1400 ext 228 for more information.
The Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) collects, tells, and shares the stories of Peel Region.
PAMA is currently offering virtual programs. For more information visit http://www.pama.peelregion.ca/
TRCA’s partnership with Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) gives members access to a variety of local places and activities.
- Passes are available for pick up at all 7 CPL branches and lockers
- Passes will admit up to 6 people to all CVC & TRCA conservation areas in 1 vehicle
- Borrow a pass for a 1 week loan
- FREE general admission, to all six TRCA Parks, including Albion Hills, Boyd, Bruce’s Mill, Glen Haffy, Heart Lake, Petticoat Creek, as well as Black Creek Pioneer Village and Kortright Centre,
- FREE general admission to all of CVC Conservation Areas, including Belfountain, Island Lake, Ken Whillans and Terra Cotta Conservation Areas
- FREE parking when visiting TRCA locations. Some restrictions apply*.
- FREE Cross-Country Ski Trail admission at Albion Hills.
- FREE general admission to special events such as the Maple Syrup Festival, Kite Festival, and Pioneer Festival.
- Discount at pools located at Albion Hills, Heart Lake and Petticoat Creek Conservation Areas.
- Savings at Albion Hills, Indian Line, and Glen Rouge campgrounds.
- Discounts at Treetop Trekking located at Heart Lake Conservation Area and at Bruce’s Mill.
- Discounts on Black Creek Pioneer Village’s Christmas By Lamplight tickets
- Discounts on a variety of events at Credit Valley Conservation Area
- 10% Discount on food and retail purchases at TRCA locations
- 10% Discount on workshops and Kortright Centre and Black Creek Pioneer Village
- 15 % Discount on Credit Valley Conservation Area’s equipment rentals
*Parking is only free when visiting TRCA locations during normal operating hours. Membership features are subject to change.
*Some restrictions apply. See website (www.conservationparks.ca) for details and a link to our park guides.
Binoculars are available for borrowing at all 7 library branches so that you can get a closer look at birds and other wildlife in our community.
Preloaded with content suitable for children aged 3-10 years old, Launchpad tablets are 100% secure, have no download time, no need for Wi-Fi, and provide access to educational content. Their interactive, multimedia content is curated and bundled together by age, subject and themes such as STEAM, language arts, math, science, animals and nature.
Launchpads are available for a one week loan at all CPL branches. Holds permitted. Borrow one today!
A pedometer is a small device that tracks the number of steps taken in a day, allowing you to set goals and increase your fitness level.
Available on a three week loan, at all branches.
Borrow one today, and get stepping!
The Caledon Seed Library is a free community-led seed saving initiative. It is committed to conserving Caledon’s rich agricultural ecosystem by preserving local plant varieties through distributing, growing, nurturing, harvesting, and sharing seeds.
With your CPL card you can take out 10 seed packages/year with a Caledon Public Library card. No due date, no cost!
We encourage and welcome all seed donations to continue to GROW the collection.
- Albion Bolton Branch, 150 Queen Street South, Bolton
- Southfields Village Branch, 225 Dougall Avenue, Caledon
In partnership with Albion Hills Community Farm and District Horticultural Society.
Grab a board game to play in the library, or take one home with you! You can find board games at the Albion Bolton and Margaret Dunn Valleywood branches, or you can place a hold and have one delivered to the branch of your choice. Check out our collection!
Have some mini innovators in your life? Our Ozobot kits are a great introduction to coding! These pocket-sized coding robots follow the lines you draw with markers and respond to colour codes by changing their speed, direction or LED light colour. Once you learn the basics, you can use drag-and-drop coding to build more advanced programs. Try one today!
Chase away your winter blues with light therapy lamps for in-house use at selected branches. A limited quantity are also available to check out to use in the comfort of your own home. The bright light from this therapy lamp simulates the natural sunlight that may be missed during the winter months or as people work or live in a space without adequate natural lighting. Light plays an essential role in our circadian rhythm, which affects our energy levels, mood and sleep. Borrow one today!