Can’t find what you need in our collection? CPL’s interlibrary loan option (ILLO) lets you request material from other library systems in Ontario.
Step One Check Caledon Public Library's Collection
Please make sure you have checked Caledon Public Library’s catalogue for the item you are requesting.
We cannot order items that CPL already owns through interlibrary loan. Please search for title and author, check spelling, and be sure the book you want isn’t already available at one of our branches. Please connect with a staff member if you need assistance.
If you are sure Caledon Public Library does not own the book you need, you may place an interlibrary loan request.
- A maximum of 10 interlibrary loan requests per patron at a given time
- Requests for reference materials, magazines, textbooks, school course material, CDs, DVDS, board books, book club sets and current bestsellers are not accepted
- Only materials that are older than one year can be requested
Step Two Place your Request
A valid Caledon Public Library card is required to make an interlibrary loan request. How to get a library card.
You have two options to place a request:
Self-Serve Interlibrary Loan
Search for items in other Ontario public library systems and place your own requests using the self-service interlibrary loan option. Click here to sign in. If needed, use these instructions to place your own interlibrary loan request.
Need a login? First-time users can register for self-serve interlibrary loan by emailing us your name and library card number at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you an email once your registration has been processed.
CPL Staff Assisted Interlibrary Loan
If you need assistance with your interlibrary loan request, click here and complete the following form. All fields with an “*” are required.
How Interlibrary Loan Works
- ILLOs may take up to 3-8 weeks to fill, depending on where in Ontario the item is coming from
- Loan periods are determined by the lending library but are usually between 2-4 weeks, starting from the day the Caledon Public Library receives the item
- Items may be renewed if the lending library allows it. Please contact your branch 3 days before the item is due to request a renewal
- If ILLOs are lost or damaged, you will have to pay the amount charged by the lending library