Search just like the rest of the internet as the catalogue now uses natural language detection to ensure searches with keywords like “new music” or “kids movies”, are easily found. Filters help you narrow in on exactly the items you want from the library.
Easily browse new titles, award winners, and lists created by library staff and other readers. Ratings, comments, and tags help you evaluate and choose the perfect book, DVD, or CD from the library’s collection.
Save your favourites with personal recordkeeping tools: My Profile, My Shelves, My Lists, and more.
Get started today!
Create your new username. Log in with your current library card number and PIN/password. You will be prompted to create a unique username that will make it easier to access your account in the future!
Manage your privacy settings. You decide how much or how little you want to share. To set your privacy settings, login and go to My Settings. Under Privacy, click My Shelves and My Feeds.
- Information that is always private: Your Borrowing and On Hold information including current checkouts, holds and fines, your borrowing history (if you have enabled it); your pin/password
- Public activity that can be made private: Your activity feed, which includes all comments and ratings as well as any books that you add to your Completed, For Later, or In Progress shelves. *Please note that your Activity Feed defaults to being public, but you can make your entire feed, or selected items on your feed private if you prefer
Place a hold with just one click. Skip the step of selecting a library every time you place a hold. Set up a preferred location and place holds with just one click. To set this up, log in and click My Settings –> Hold and Pickup Location.
Get organized. Use virtual Shelves to organize everything you have read, listened to, or watched or that you want to check out from the library later. To see your Shelves, log in and click My Profile –> Shelves.
Import Your Lists. Retrieve lists from your old Enterprise catalogue account and import them to your Bibliocommons account.
- Log into your Bibliocommons account
- Go to “My Profile”
- Under “Import content from previous catalogue”, select “Request Import”
- The import takes some time – you will receive an email when it has been completed.
- Imported lists should appear in the “For Later” shelf (in your account drop down menu)
Connect with CPL and a community of readers. See what Caledon Public Library and other readers are reading and recommending. Follow CPL staff or other readers who have chosen to share their lists and recommendations. You can rate items, post comments and create lists.
We are here to help! If you have questions regarding your new catalogue, feel free to review our easy-to-use online tutorial and FAQs. Staff are also available to help, contact us via text, phone or email, or during our operating hours, use the online chat option at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
Note: Digital checkouts (Overdrive and Hoopla) will show in your account as of mid to late January once the digital content has been fully integrated into the Bibliocommons catalogue. We apologize for the inconvenience; in the meantime you can keep track by logging into your Overdrive or Hoopla accounts.
Also, when your borrowing history has more than 100 items, sorting is removed. Since BiblioCommons doesn’t store the information, the information needs to be read from the ILS, sorted quickly and displayed. If your borrowing history contained thousands of titles, the page load time would be unacceptably slow.