Effective Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Welcome back! We’re excited to offer Expanded Patron Access inside our branches, with all appropriate health and safety measures in place. Your visit may look a little different but as always, we are here to help!
The number of patrons within a branch will be limited, customers will be able to access the branch to browse the shelves, pick up holds or study (1 hour maximum) and make use of computers (45 minute maximum per day on a first come, first serve basis).
Unfortunately, not all of our branches are suited to this type of access. At this point, the Belfountain Lockers will be available for Holds Pickup. We will be offering Expanded Patron Access at the Albion Bolton, Alton, Caledon East, Caledon Village, Margaret Dunn Valleywood and Southfields Village branches.
To support the health and well-being of our staff and visitors, we ask that you:
- Respond to our active screening questions upon entering any of our facilities.
- Provide your name and contact information for the purposes of contact tracing
- Wear a non-medical face covering inside the library
- Use the hand sanitizer provided, upon entering
- Practice physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) between individuals
- Limit your visit to one hour
- Limit your computer usage to 45 minutes
- Please stay home if you, or someone in your household, are displaying COVID-19 symptoms. All branches of CPL are actively screening patrons, using the questions provided by Peel Public Health, at the entry to each library branch.
The library has implemented a variety of protocols to ensure the safety of our staff and community including:
- Mandatory masks for all library staff
- Additional hand sanitizer stations installed
- Plexiglass shields at customer service points
- Physical distancing reminders throughout the library to stay 2 m (6 ft) away from others
- Reduction of the number of available public computers to allow for physical distancing
- Increased cleaning protocols throughout the facility; including the public washrooms, public computers, and frequently touched surfaces.
- Limiting the number of patrons inside the building at any one time to maintain appropriate physical distancing
Hours of Operation:
Margaret Dunn Valleywood
Days & Times
Tuesdays & Fridays: 12-4pm
Wednesdays & Saturdays: 10am-2pm
You can do this:
- Drop boxes are now open at all branches and the Belfountain lockers and you can return materials that fit into the return slots.
- You can use a computer – offered on a first come-first serve basis for a maximum of 30 minutes
- Pick up holds
- Browse our collection
- Use the catalogue
- Check out items
- Pay for replacement charges for materials on your account
- Pay your Town of Caledon property taxes
- Get a library card
- Printing/Copying/Faxing/Scanning at AB and SFV
- Printing at Alton/CV/CE/MDV
- Ask questions
- Get reading recommendations
- Drop off seeds for the CPL Seed Library
- Purchase merchandise (ear buds; usbs; book bags)
- Drop off used batteries/print cartridges
- At the AB and SFV branches you can check out tablets for in-branch use that are pre-loaded with digital newspapers and magazines
You can’t do this:
- Hang out or gather and socialize
- Donate books
- Have food/drinks
- Get an interlibrary loan
- Have an exam proctored
- Re-shelve any materials used in the branch
- Purchase garbage tags from Region of Peel
- Pay any outstanding fines