Library staff are available to proctor exams at no cost at the Albion Bolton and Southfields Village Branches
The exam cannot run past the end time listed below:
- Albion Bolton: Monday mornings, 10am-1pm
- Albion Bolton: Friday afternoons, 1-4pm
- Southfields Village: Tuesday mornings, 10am – 1pm
- Southfields Village: Saturday afternoons, 12 – 3pm
Please note the following:
- There is no guarantee of privacy as we may accommodate multiple students at the same time
- There is no guarantee of complete silence as our rooms are not sound-proofed
- Proctors are unable to provide constant, direct supervision for the duration of the exam, they will monitor on a regular basis. If you require more formal proctoring services, please contact your institution to make other arrangements
- If your institution requires an accredited librarian to proctor the exam, please include that in the notes fields of the form below
For online exams, students may bring their own laptops and connect to Library Wi-Fi or use a library laptop installed with Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2013 or equivalent (Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word), or a library Chromebook. The Library will not allow the installation of any special software on library devices that may be needed for exam completion.
Wireless printing is available for .25 cents for black and white and .50 cents for colour.
The library may refuse a request for proctoring services if:
- The student provides inaccurate or incomplete information
- Library staff or an accredited librarian are not available at the requested time
- An institutions’ examination requirements are not met by the library
Students are responsible for:
- Ensuring all forms have been either provided to the proctor or submitted to their institution at least 1 week before the exam date
- Any additional expenses that may be incurred such as courier fees or postage. These expenses must be prepaid and a set fee may be required.
- Arriving at the agreed-upon time
- Ensuring that proctoring service provided by the Caledon Public Library meets the requirements of the institution issuing the exam.
- Providing ID to the proctor prior to the start of the exam
The library will not be responsible for the following:
- Missing items, papers, samples or other documents related to the exam
- Any error made by the education institution, including the institution’s failure to send the necessary documents in a timely manner
- The student’s failure to complete the exams at the approved time and location.
- Unforeseen interruptions of the test due to loss of power, internet service, or other computer problems.
Proctoring requests for other times or dates will be considered on a case-by-case basis only. If you require proctoring services on a different date or time, please include the details in the notes section at the bottom of the application form. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate these requests.
Please be aware that you will be required to follow all Health and Safety protocols related to Covid-19, as determined by Caledon Public Library, the Town of Caledon and/or Peel Health.
To apply to have an exam proctored, please complete the following*:
*Once you have completed the below application and submitted the information as required, please check this webpage for confirmation. If information is incomplete, a message “There was a problem with your submission. Please review the fields below.” will appear.
If all required fields have been properly completed, “Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.” can be found at the bottom of the page and a copy of the application will be sent to your email.
Please note that fields marked with an asterisk "*" are mandatory.