Read Local Caledon
Our Read Local Caledon collection is designed to celebrate our community’s talented, vibrant, contemporary authors. It is an opportunity for CPL to recognise and pay tribute to our home grown authors. Our goal is to make works by local authors, more visible online, in the catalogue, on our shelves and to enrich our library collections.
Our goal is to make works by local authors, more visible online, in the catalogue, on our shelves and to enrich our library collections.
A full listing of all the authors we have to-date can be found in our catalogue using the subject heading “Read Local Caledon”.
If you are a local author and would like to have your work considered for our collection, please review our Guidelines:
- The collection is a collection of circulating and reference books by authors and illustrators from Caledon and the surrounding community
- The collection includes children, teen and adult materials of all genres and both fiction and non-fiction
- All materials in the collection will have a subject heading Read Local Caledon
- All materials in the collection will be affixed with a Read Local Caledon spine label
- Displays of this collection will be featured periodically throughout our 7 branches
PLEASE NOTE: Caledon Public Library reserves the right to make the final decision on inclusion in the collection and all materials must meet the basic criteria of our Collection Development Policy.
If you are a local author and wish to have your work considered for inclusion in this collection please contact:
Laurie Groe | Manager of Youth Services | 905-857-1400 ext. 231 for Children and Teen authors
Megan Renkema | Manager of Information Services | 905-857-1400 ext. 232 for Adult authors